Thursday, January 16, 2014

Shop Sign

  I have always made a Finish Department Sign at just about every shop I have worked at over the years and it is time for this one. We had a scrap circular MDF template for a job that was destined for the trash so I salvaged it and decided to turn it into a sign. I primed it white with PA70 urethane primer and marked it off into 8 sections. I started doing different faux paint techniques in each section.


Here are a couple close up shots of the first 2 sections.


I just completed the circular section here and made a back painted plexiglass with the company logo on it which I mounted to the MDF with 1 3/4" aluminum stand offs.


Here is a close up of the plexiglass.


I purchased some 1/8" thick laser cut baltic birch letters because our CNC is too busy right now.







These will hang on the bottom of the circular part and overlap in the middle. The finish is done using a transfer foil that I have been experimenting with. I'll post some final pictures when it is finished and hanging on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment