Monday, December 9, 2013

Mixing Dye Stain

  We use a large amount of dye stain at our shop. I like to use a gram scale to make my colors when matching samples, this gives me a very accurate formula that myself or any of the other finishers can use to make batches of stain from 16 oz to 30 gallons and have the color be very consistent.

  The scale I am using in the video is a Sartorius explosion proof scale made specifically for the paint industry.  For a small shop or home a smaller gram scale would be fine. They come in all sizes and price ranges.

  We use Keystone Nerosol dyes at our shop but this system is fine for all liquid and powdered dyes as well as UTC pigments.

  I will be doing a step by step video on how to go about matching your own colors in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment