Saturday, August 16, 2014

Matching Color

 One of the most important things required to be a finisher is the ability to make and match your own colors. Depending on someone else has always been a problem for me whenever I have had to do it. I still have the manufacturer tint my solid color finishes but never have them make stains.

 There are many great places to learn color theory these days. Community colleges have great classes on color theory and color mixing. I have to teach some of our newer people how to mix colors in the next few weeks.

 The first thing I will need to do is determine if the new people can even see color properly and there is a great test online that they will be taking. I tried it myself and it is really good. Usually you take the test using colored blocks that you re-arrange but it is pretty expensive. The online test works very well and is free, give it a try for yourself.



2 comments:

  1. Should I be trying to mix my own colors with a score of 34?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try the test again now that you understand what it is all about. I'll bet you're score improves. :) 34 is not a terrible score, the higher the score the worse your color perception.

      Delete